Plan your process and data¶
- Decide what information to publish – the scope of the fields, what time period your data will cover and whether you will be sharing data about all of your grants.
- Check if there are any Data Protection and Privacy considerations, and review your policies to ensure you can share your data responsibly
How long the process takes¶
The amount of time it takes to prepare and share 360Giving data can vary depending on your circumstances. The key factors that can determine how long the process will take are:
- The type of grants management system used
- The amount of data to be published
- Whether the data is well-organised and consistent
- If key data is poor quality or missing
It will normally be possible to estimate the work involved once you have decided on the scope of your data.
Taking inspiration from others¶
You may find it helpful to look at the data published by other funders to understand how it works in practice and help you to picture how your own grants would appear.
Data Quality Dashboard¶
The Data Quality Dashboard shows the data quality of 360Giving data as a whole and for each individual publisher. It provides insights into the key features that make the data useful for analysis to help publishers to identify opportunities for their data to be improved.
The Data Registry is a list of all the organisations that currently publish their grants data in the 360Giving Data Standard, with direct links to their data sources.
360Insights is a tool to help you understand funders better. You can combine and visualise 360Giving and charity data, and explore funders across different areas – from their grant dates to types of recipients.
You can filter the 360Insights dashboard to see results for grants based on grant programme, organisation type, size or region.
Read our guidance about data protection and what to consider when publishing open grants data for the first time.
Getting further help
This guidance aims to support funders through the 360Giving publishing process. If you can't find the information you need or you have further questions email 360Giving Helpdesk. You can help us improve this guidance by filling out our feedback form.