The 360Giving open data Standard¶
For open data to be really useful it has to follow an agreed format – a standard – so it can be easily compared with data from other organisations.
For UK grantmakers, we have developed the 360Giving Standard for this purpose. We use this Standard to make sure that when all your data is linked to the 360Giving Registry, it can be easily “read” by different applications. This is how we make sure that when you use the data, the results that come up can be compared.
The 360Giving data standard is:
- Open data driven: providing a common way to share transparent and interoperable information on grant-making.
- Easy to use: offering a simple spreadsheet format for publishing and consuming data, backed up by a structured data model, developer-friendly JSON serialisation, and conversion tools.
- Comprehensive: providing a 360 degree view of grantmaking. Describing the whole grantmaking process and supporting in-depth analysis of grants, grantees and beneficiaries.
Two standard templates are available.
Free support, helping you to publish and use 360Giving data is available from our data support team.
Full schema documentation is Reference.
An open standard¶
The 360Giving data standard is an open standard. You can get involved in shaping the development of the standard through:
- Data Protection
- Governance and Revision Control
- Get Data
- Terms of Reference - Stewardship Committee of the 360Giving Data Standard